Tours at the Mills Gallery at the BCA
The BCA offers free tours of the Mills Gallery for visitors of all ages. Docents are trained to engage participants with questions that encourage group discussion and interaction.
While tour content is dependent on the exhibition on view, teachers, instructors and leaders can also request certain themes and discussion points to be covered during the tour. Tour leaders can work with the Associate Director of Education and Public Programs to design personalized experiences for their groups.
Guided Tours Guidelines
- Tours must be booked at least two weeks in advance and based docent availability.
- Tours typically last between 30-60 minutes depending on the age and interests of the group.
- The gallery can accommodate up to 15-20 participants at a time. Options for larger groups can be discussed at the time of tour booking.
- For groups with youth 12 and under we require one chaperone per 10 youth.
- No food or beverages are permitted in the gallery.
- No photography is permitted in the gallery.
How to book a tour:
Please have the following information ready:
- Group name
- Contact name and information
- Number in group
- Age and/or grade level of participants
- Preferred dates and times
- Any special themes or topics to be discussed in the group
Mills Gallery hours
12 noon–9 pm
12 noon–5 pm