Located in Boston’s South End, the largest landmark district in the United States covering more than 500 acres, the BCA is dedicated to incubating and showcasing the performing and visual arts of our time. Occupying an historic city block on a two-acre parcel of land bordered by Tremont Street, Clarendon Street, Warren Avenue and Berkeley Street, the BCA is a resource to Greater Boston providing a creative “home” for artists, a welcoming arts destination for audiences, and an art connection for city youth and communities.
What's on campus?
1. Boston Ballet | 19 Clarendon Street | 617.695.6950
2. Hamersley’s Bistro | 553 Tremont Street | 617.423.2700
3. Artist Studios Building | 551 Tremont Street | Working studios for artists and a rehearsal studio
4. Mills Gallery | 551 Tremont Street
5. The Beehive | 541 Tremont Street | 617.423.0069
6. BCA Plaza Theatres | 539 Tremont Street | BCA Plaza Black Box Theatre and the BCA Plaza Theatre
7. Cyclorama | 539 Tremont Street
8. Community Music Center of Boston | 34 Warren Avenue | 617.482.7494 and
C.P. Casting & Acting Studio | 537 Tremont Street | 617.451.0996
9. Calderwood Pavilion | 527 Tremont St | 617.266.0800 | Managed by the Huntington Theatre Company and programmed jointly with the BCA
Resident Theatre Companies & Arts Organizations
Artmorpheus | 539 Tremont St | 617.456.1131 | Proud to be incubated by the Boston Center for the Arts
Company One | 539 Tremont Street | 617.292.7110
SpeakEasy Stage Company | 539 Tremont Street | 617.482.3279
The Theater Offensive | 565 Boylston Street | 617.661.1600
Please enjoy this podcast about the BCA's beginnings and the work we're doing today. Special thanks to our friends at StageSource for producing the piece.